Thursday, February 8

A Darling Book to Add to Your Library...

As an avid children's book reader (must be the educator in me), I have quite a few books by my favorite children's authors. One that I have enjoyed since childhood, is Shirley Hughes, an English author and illustrator. This book is new to me, but after one read through, I know that it will become one of our prized belongings. The pictures are intricate and playful and the colors are beautifully vivid! Here is a summary from the back of the book:

"Baby blues and navy blue, rosy apples and dark cherries, grasshoppers and greenflies, a harvest moon... The world is full of dazzling colours as a lively toddler and her baby brother discover!"

After inspecting every page of this book, I was thrilled to discover that there are several other titles in The Nursery Collection: Noisy, Bathwater is Hot, Two Shoes, New Shoes, When We Went to the Park, and All Shapes and Sizes.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Emma, I was so excited to read this post. I have loved Shirley Hughes books since I discovered them at the public library when my children were little. (They are now 25 and 23.:)) I loved her illustrations with the slightly messy, child friendly homes...so like my own at that time. Wishing you many wonderful hours reading with your little ones. It will give you many wonderful memories. Sarah

MamaBirdEmma said...

Thank you Sarah! We are really enjoying her books!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...