Monday, November 16

Woodworking...


When it comes to window treatments for this house, we've been pretty stumped. We really like the shades that were left in this house from the previous owners, but they left the top of the windows bare. Fr John thought of cornices, searched the diy network's website, and found directions. These two beautiful cornices are the fruits of his labor on Friday night and Saturday morning. We hung them last night and that was the trickiest part! I'd like to do the rest of the windows downstairs this way.

Do you think that is overkill?

3 comments:

Dianna said...

I love it! We have blinds at all our windows but I'm trying to find something to soften the effect. This is going on my idea list!

Courtney said...

We have blinds on all our windows too. Blackout curtains are in the bedrooms for the summer heat, but I've left the downstairs alone. We do have nice window frames so it's not too ugly, lol. That said, I like what you've done. You might not want them on all the windows if you'd like to add other treatments one day-- what would be left if you removed the cornices? Holes in the wall? On the other hand, I do like this look because curtains, etc. can often make a room look smaller and I don't think you'd get that effect from cornices.

Bumpkin Hill said...

They add a really nice touch to the windows, great idea! Catheirne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...