Monday, May 31

Food for the Fast...

With everyone posting their menus for the Apostle's Fast on their blogs, I decided not to be left behind! I came up with a list of dishes that either are very simple or make a lot and can be re-heated. There are quite a few things on this list that can be found in the freezer section of the market. Many families probably don't want to eat pre-made foods, but we've found that eating a veggie burger along with a re-heated bowl of soup or a plate of salad simplifies things for us enormously. We will be also taking advantage of the lovely fruits and veggies that are popping up at roadside stands and farmers markets. I will put the links to the recipes or foods that I can, so that you can click on them if you like!

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

lovely! I have to think of various things to eat as well for this time... I have had mushroom veggie burgers before and they are really good!

Elizabeth said...

Hi1

Out of curiosity, what is this fast for? I know about Lent and Good Friday, but what is this one?
Elizabeth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...