Thursday, July 29

Master Closet Tidy...

Our master bedroom is on the first floor of our home. We are very fortunate that the bedroom has a sizeable closet in the room, but unfortunately, it is also directly in view of the rest of the house and it is the only closet on the ground floor! For awhile now, I have wanted to add a second tier of shelves to the closet so that we could store more and have things look neat when the closet is inevitable opened in front of guests.

A few days ago, one of our neighbors called up and asked if we wanted a small dresser that they had because they no longer needed it. We gladly took it and planned on using it for the children's room. Once I saw it though, I knew that it would be perfect to store our towels and sheets in the closet! A little bit of organizing later and...

Voila!


6 comments:

elizabeth said...

Nice! What a blessing! It is really neat how one can be given something useful and it totally changes the use and functionality of a space!

Personally, I am in a smallish one bedroom and it is always a challenge to figure out what I can reorg, what can I get rid of and how can I better use the closet space I have... a challenge as I have not storage locker! :) Thankfulness is a huge key when seeking to do this! :)

Matushka Anna said...

How nice! I agree that a dresser is a marvelous thing in a closet if it can fit.

Michelle M. said...

That looks great! I love the idea of your closet. Right now, it wouldn't work for us because the baby's crib is in our closet, but maybe some day.

Michelle M. said...

That looks great! I love the idea of your closet. Right now, it wouldn't work for us because the baby's crib is in our closet, but maybe some day.

Penelope said...

Nice job!

I am posting about cleaning out my closet today too...what a coincidence (or else the cleaning bug is making its rounds and we are all getting bitten)

rag said...

You've just inspired me to get offline and organize my closet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...