Monday, February 7

For the Love of England...


I don't think that it is widely known that I was born in Oxford, England. My father is quite an anglophile and instilled a great love of afternoon teatime, quaint cottages covered in ivy, wellies, and Miss Read in me from a young age. My godmother lives there and we have begun exchanging letters again after years of neglect (on my part). It was a welcome surprise to find a new letter from Aunt Sarah (written with a fountain pen, of course) and last year's English version of the February issue of Country Living (from my sister's travels to Paris and London) to read on the trip to visit my husband's grandmother this weekend. Traveling with three young ones can be trying, but these two small things were exactly what I needed!

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

how very lovely! fountain pens, sigh. very nice! safe travels!

Elizabeth said...

I, too, am an anglophile. Wonderful things.

Hey, I gave you an award on my blog. It is on today's post.

have a great one - Elizabeth

Michelle M. said...

My husband and I love the British Isles. If we didn't have children, we would move there in a heartbeat.

I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Angela said...

I knew there was something extra special and charming about you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...