Saturday, July 2

Ordination Anniversary...

Five years ago yesterday, Father John was ordained. I remember standing in the church a day or two shy of my forty days, in a bit of a postpartum stupor with tiny Sugar Plum in my arms. She was dressed in a little pink dress and bonnet that we had brought her home from the hospital in. We had no idea what we were in for... mainly because our priest fathers and our matushka mothers did such a good job of protecting us from the difficulties of the priesthood. Now, five years in, things are easier... and happier! We celebrated with blueberry peach crisp, twice! We each had a small scoop with the children and then once they were in bed we celebrated again with a little bit more! It's fun to be the parents!

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Many years! the 5 year mark is a cause for real celebration! Many years to you and Fr. John!

Aubri said...

July 1 marked my husband's 4th year as a Lutheran pastor. Many blessings to you both in your unique callings!

Bethany said...

Congratulations! My husband's 7th year will be on St. Peter and Paul old calendar. It is definitely a hard road sometimes with sacrifices.

I have been following your blog since last fall and look forward to your book suggestions in your learning baskets for my 1 and 2 year old.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...