Monday, December 16

Paper Snowflakes...



I am out of yarn!  Ack!  I could easily get some more, but I have decided to lay aside my needles in favor of paper for this week.  I made two enormous paper snowflakes for our playroom windows last night and have plans to cut out snowflakes from coffee filters and cupcake liners tonight.  This is my favorite time of year!

I moved the furniture around again in our playroom and though I love where our feastday shelf is now situated, it is a dark corner...  especially in the mornings.  The Saint Herman books have been tucked away (until August) and now we are enjoying our favorite Christmas books.  A year or two ago, Grace mentioned The Story of Christmas on her blog (she has lovely Christmas book lists!) and we bought it.  It is such a gorgeous book with all of the illustrations done in cut paper.  I love that The Mother of God is wearing red and blue and that Saint Joseph is depicted as an old man.  Children's books are my favorite sort of book...  I think that I will still have shelves full when our little ones are all grown up.

 This week is relatively quiet.  We have schoolwork to do, a little bit of cleaning, and lots of organizing/decluttering (I'm working my way through the house before Christmas).  We will buy a tree on Saturday or Sunday and decorate it.  There is also a a Messiah sing-a-long at a local church that we'd like to take the children to and then we are only a few days away from Nativity!  I can't believe it!  All I want for Christmas is bacon!


1 comment:

elizabeth said...

so glad this week is quiet for you; today I am seeking to be more quiet; it takes time to get rooms situated at times! Blessed week; my sympathies about the yarn; lovely paper snow flakes :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...