Friday, April 4

Another Day...






It finally seems like the children are getting over the virus...  Father John is a different story.  Hopefully he'll be better for the weekend's services, but at this point, I'm not sure.  It is interesting to me that I really didn't know how terrible everyone felt until my husband got sick.  He's been head-achy, feverish, achy, and has been complaining of skin sensitivity.  Our poor kids didn't express that during their sickness, but looking back, I think that they were feeling the exact same way.

I went a little laundry crazy today and washed all of the bedding (including blankets), towels, and several hampers of clothing that I couldn't get to during the week.  I feel like everything is much cleaner now.  I've been very careful to keep our linens down to one set of sheets per bed, but I am wondering if that is really a good idea.  A few spare sets would help ease a burden when sickness strikes.  On the other hand, having just enough does force me to get things done without procrastinating!

I was able slip out for a little while this evening to go to an art show featuring my beautiful friend, Monika.  She is a fiber artist (the same one who taught me how to knit!) and her work is lovely.  I was able to watch her spin angora yarn on her spinning wheel...  she held her pet rabbit on her lap and gently brushed him with her hand while simultaneously spinning the Angora hair that came off in hand into yarn.  It was such a neat demonstration! 

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Prayers for a speedy recovery. Between our recycled clothes and bedding and items we received as gifts I have struggled to keep up with the laundry. As we pack up to move I am going to condense quite a bit.

elizabeth said...

Whew, glad everyone is slowly getting better... hope Fr. John is too!! Such a hard balance, how much is too much and taking care of being ready for the unexpected...

Courtney said...

One set of extra sheets is a must! We have one winter set and one summer per bed, but the off-season comes in handy if middle of the night vomiting strikes! Doesn't need to be a full set- just an extra fitted or two!

Jill said...

Spinning straight from the rabbit - what a delightful photo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...