Monday, October 13

Happy Monday...




 We had a good weekend.  Father John had to go to a meeting in a distant city on Saturday morn and so the little ones and I tagged along.  Though it meant a very early departure on a very rainy day, the children and I were very excited.  We spent most of the day at the mall (exciting for little country bumpkins like us!), Barnes and Noble (much bigger than ours!), and Whole Foods (we don't have one).  Sunday was a quiet day, but I made sure to plan the meals for the week and then after our little ones went to bed, I shopped for the groceries we'll need.  I've done the food shopping on Sunday night/early Monday morning the past few weeks and have been really pleased with how much easier it is.  It is pretty effortless/pleasant to shop without the children and it is an enormous weight off my shoulders to know what I am cooking all week and that I have all of the ingredients on hand.

Speaking of making things effortless, my sister and I have been texting each other our 'To Do' lists every morning (we try not to exceed five items) and a report of how we did every evening, and that has been such a good motivator to get things done.  I really feel like these little texting sessions helped me to get out of a bit of a rut that I got myself into at the beginning of the school year.  All the things that I had to do and all of the places that I had to be were hanging around my neck like a millstone exhausting me mightily ...  having these manageable little lists has gotten me back on track (I also jot them down in my Bullet Journal).  Thank you, Kate!

It was so gray this morning that I lit beeswax candles in jam jars for breakfast.  Pandora (on the Bach station) is playing quietly in the kitchen as I type this in the dining room.  We start our lessons at 9, so I'd better end this so that I can get the dishes tucked away, the laundry started, and the beds made.  Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

:) lovely post

willfulmina said...

It has really helped me focus too! Thanks for keeping me motivated!

elizabeth said...

what a blessing to have and so great to have such a supportive family and sister! :)))

Sounds like some good things. Beginnings of school years (plus you did that huge conference) is tiring for Moms.

love to you!

Anastasia said...

I think you posted this before, but I can't seem to find it now. Can you tell me where you get your beeswax candles?

Lovely post :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...