Thursday, November 6

November Glory...




For months I have wanted to go to a museum a few hours away that has a rather lot of Pre-Raphaelite art in their permanent collection and yesterday was the day.  We were also able to visit one of the huge gardens that is about 15 minutes from the museum and the day (while very long) was really perfect.  Our children (three of mine and my sister's two) were little gems.  The museum was not of general interest, but they did a good job allowing me to look at things that I was most interested in.  The garden, however, was amazing for all of us.  Despite our number of little people, we got many kind smiles (which is a change from the usual response!) and the vast paces for running around and exploring really was exciting!  I'd like to make it back to both places at least once in the coming year...  maybe in the spring?

P.S.  I brought our good camera to take photographs that were worthy of our location, but managed to forget to pop in a memory card before we left.  

3 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

I bet the gardens were lovely, especially this time of year!

MA F said...

It is funny how being outnumbered by little people can be so worrisome to other people. It looks like a wonderful day. I enjoy nature hikes but just love exploring a more formal garden space.

elizabeth said...

how lovely!!!

So sorry about the memory card; that's always my fear!

So glad for that day for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...